Sunday, May 22, 2011

Two weeks ago...

So, I started this thing two weeks ago and have been thinking about what I want to do with it over the summer. I figured It would become a sort of journal and provide motivation for me to keep up with drawing.


So far, It's working. EVerytime I pick up my sketch pad or look at old drawings I think about what I want to draw and show on here.

Without further adieu, I present Hyacinth. One of my many, many role playing characters.

This was inspired by the great Art Nouveau artists Mucha! Also, the pose was grabbed from a vintage nude that I found absolutely stunning and fit this nymph character perfectly. She is holding water hyacinth flowers....they're much easier to draw than normal hyacinth. I am thinking about digitally working into it or something but for right now I enjoy this graphite sketch very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment