Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chalk Drawings

Like I promised... I will upload the chalk drawings I did! They were a lot of fun and I wound up spending about 4 hours outside. My fingers hurt so much from blending I should have found a towel to do the dirty business.


 This one above took me the most amount of time. I also went through like 3 sticks of chalk. I had fun just randomly coming up with a design though, allowed for a lot of creative thinking when it came to how I was going to complete the designs and make it interesting. (Also, I swear the Starbucks plug wasn't intentional but my friends say it would make for a good commercial/advertising campaign. Lol!)

This was the first one that I did. Simple and didn't take too long. I think I started out a little hesitantly because I didn't have a plan and over thought it...however once I loosened up it just came naturally to me.

Also, Threadless.com is having a contest that involves the cartoon Adventure Time! So, I thought I would give it a try. I have a few designs that I really like and one that I need to add stuff to, to make a good tee-shirt design. Hopefully I'll not loose steam on it and submit it. Even if I don't win...it's a good way to prove to myself that I can follow through with things.

Mission accomplished this week. I posted and I created!

No comments:

Post a Comment