Monday, September 26, 2011

Projects, round 1

I've been working on school projects for the past two weeks and I have to say that I've learned a few things about myself and the way I tackle these projects.

The first project for my Illustration class started out shaky as ever. I didn't really have a clear idea of where I wanted to go and where I wound up was far from were I thought I'd end up. However, I do like the outcome and I feel it represents what I like to do far more than my first version. I still have some work to do but I do not have any time tonight and right now I'm motivated to submit a blog post dammit!!

Project 1 for Illustration 2: Editorial piece on the article http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.6e1e2ad90e2d94b12b6258b7e9c5b33d.611 I focused on the medical uses for this pretty amazing piece of technology. The big one is the full page illustration, and the small one is the spot illustration, Again, I still have more playing around to do and will upload the final image at a later date. The lines are done in Sketchbook Pro and the colors are done in Photoshop.


Project 1 for Composition was a more open subject and I was able to select my own body of writing and illustrate it. I chose the song Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/florencethemachine/cosmiclove.html.
 I took a much different course for this piece, doing a highly rendered digital image. This has given me so much grief I couldn't even begin to tell you. Not only were there issues with the file constantly changing sizes, but the resolution and random artifacts that kept popping up drove me nuts. Also, I went to print this version and the size is different than the first run through, so the matte I had cut is now wrong. Woo, -10 pts for me. Ah well. I do enjoy the way it looks and it proves to me I can somewhat render in Photoshop/Sketchbook Pro. I had  a lot of layers on this piece.


So, that's what I've got to show for myself so far in the semester. I have completed one ball bounce in animation, I am going to be filming the second tomorrow hopefully, and getting started on a character jump! Woo! Eventually things will be digitized and I can upload those. We're already moving quickly into the second project which I think will be fun and much less frustrating. First projects are always hard.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment