Sunday, January 29, 2012

Semester Starts With a Boom!

Alright! I just had my first week of classes and let me tell you, I've got a lot of work ahead of me. If I don't die before Midterm, I'd be amaaazed. Anyway, I've already got homework and started on a few things so here is what I have. I also finished more Girls but I can't post them until my mom gets them in the mail(I'll be mailing them next week!!) Anyhoo...

Project 1 in Digital Illustration: Redesign Little Red Ridinghood. Okay, I was terrified at first, until I got a theme I wanted. It's Steampunk/Western! My sketches are really vague about the placement of the familiar steampunk items, when I get to digitally painting them I'll fill all those yummy details in!

I'll give you the sketches individually, they're low res...sorry :/





I know, I'm actually using a pencil for these things, it's scaring me too! Anyhow, not exactly sure if I like the drawings or not, still kind of upset about a lack of interesting style and struggling with anatomy becuase I'm a noob and haven't been practicing. *Sigh* oh well.

Here is project 1 for my Illustration 3 class. We had to design an editorial image to go along with an article that was really confusing about a book that isn't even out yet. Yikes! Well, I came up with this and the limitations of the assignemnt are limited pallet. So, I'm thinking black and white with blues/teals. It's of a stainglass butterfly having the light reflect on the surface and show vague/surreal maps of London, Berlin, and Ethiopia. Very, very vague maps. :) I also need to tweak the butterfly before I go in and paint it...so I know it's off.

And, I did a little doodle of Daerua cause I just can't get enough! She's so fun to draw. I really need to draw Errandis the right waaay. Sorrry friend! D:


Update again next week! See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment