Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week Two

Oh man am I tired. It's been two weeks of classes and I'm just feeling exhausted. Going from having all the time in the world to no time at all is really quite a shock. It will be interesting how the next 14 weeks are going to be playing out as projects begin to over lap and I have to budget my time.

I've now turned in my first project of the semester and I'm really not satisfied at all. I am now beginning to doubt myself in every aspect of making art, whether or not I can actually make art that is sellable or printable. I'm trying to network more, broaden my horizons but It's just so discouraging when looking at 13 other pieces of art from my contemporaries who had the same amount of time and the same problem to solve and they did it so much better. Smarter design, better drawings, contemporary look and feel. Maybe it's time to somehow come up with another style, do something different because I dont see anything that I have as a viable portfolio that can be directed at any of my potential clients of Merchandising, Editorial, or Conceptual.

So, here is my stain glass butterfly...I will have to revise it or something...as of right now I'm putting it up to just start off. Even if it's not exactly on the right foot. I've got lots of sketches to do this weekend so perhaps on Monday or Tuesday I'll get up all those ideas and hopefully feel better about myself and what  can accomplish. I guess I have some soul searching to do.


I also did some basic modeling and animation in Maya. I'll upload them later too, laptop is about to die and I'm tired as heck. Probably couldn't find my flash drive if it was sitting in front of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment