Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 5

Well, I realize It's been a good 10 days since I posted....okay okay...15, but I've been so busy I just couldn't find the time to sit down for a good thirty minutes and come up with a post (pffft, no body reads this anyway...right?) So, I've only got a few things to show you...by a few things I mean the finished piece from Little Red Ridinghood (which I hate) and the next few sketches for my new Project...Futuristic Jekyll and Hyde. So, yea.

Ugh, this is just awful. I still don't like it. I took out the patterned wallpaper that I had in because it just made everything too busy....and now it looks too plain. I really need to just work looser. This tightness isn't going to help me with these short deadlines. this is about twenty hours of work. I think the only thing I like about it is the clock haha. It was fun to paint and actually came out looking pretty good.

This is our new project. I chose Futuristic Jekyll and Hyde cause I thought that'd be kind of fun. So far it is proving to be very fun, even if I don't have a lot of sketches I have a ton of research. Jekyll is going to have been so old that he wanted to transfer himself into an android and in the process of doing so, a glitch happens and thus Hyde comes out. I'm changing the detective into a girl because I want a girl. :D I've got more sketching to do tonight. I am in love with the chalk brush right now, it's making me draw better somehow. I'm going to be changing some of the design to include glowing things on his face and other parts...think of Tron meeting Aeon Flux.

The prototype for my website is all good and done. I actually like the way it came out. Here are some pages. All the buttons are hand written and then scanned into Photoshop. I decided to use the octopus lady as my banner cause I like her so much! Anyway, this is what some of it looks like....


I've also been doing some modelling in 3D design but I don't have all the files with me. Next time! I'll try to not go 15 days without posting...but I can't guarantee it. It's been one crazy semester. I also think I'm going to bind my portfolio myself, create my own book. I'm trying to think about how to not make it crafty looking...I think the front and back pages are the hardest to figure out. Eh, I'll find something.

Anyway, See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment