Monday, October 3, 2011

Dreamworks Critique Preliminary Submissions

I was not chosen to be the presenter for the Dreamworks Crit's, but I did manage to submit things and try. I am hopefully going to be able to go to the actual critique and see what others are doing and learn a few things about my competition and how to dress up my work and present it accordingly. I sometimes forget about presentation, although I shouldn't with how much my teacher's beat it into me. I need to come up with some sort of template that is clean and pretty.

However, that's for another time. Today I have some of the work that I submitted for the preliminary round that did not get through.

These are some color comps and character studies for my concept.

More studies for my concept, both night scenes.

These are the clear sketches of the color comps for the character on the right




 I feel like I did so much more work, but I didn't. If I had more time and had developed a concept much sooner, I could have gotten more done. It was comforting to know that my work was liked (maybe I can do this after all, y'know?) Aaany how, here are two unrelated things to fill some space! Woo! Filler! I'll probably be posting again later in the week once I get started further on the genie from last post and the lines finalized at the bottom of this one. Thanks for looking!



Matte Painting done in...an hour? I hand picked every color and used maybe two default brushes. I like how it came out.

This is my thumbnail for my second project in my Illustration 2 class. I have mostly finalized the lines but I am not done yet. Definitely will be done by wed. It's going to be a fun, successful piece.     




No comments:

Post a Comment