Monday, October 24, 2011

Practice!

Okay, I'm about to rant like a 5-year old so you can skip this if you want.....

I was really frustrated cause when I got home because I walked into the bathroom and it was NAST-AY! I had to clean it, there was no escaping the grossness factor any longer and no one else had the decency to keep it up from the last time I scrubbed it brilliantly clean. Like, it effing sparkled brighter than Edward (/shoots self for a twilight reference). So, thinking I was done and could relax...I sat down at my computer and wanted to draw but the tablet drivers were effing up! Again! Took me twenty minutes to fix the problem. Now, with all that pent up frustration I decided I'd tackle a self portrait and work out my frustration.

End 5-year old-rant.

It worked. This was drawn from life, which I seem to do so much better at than from photo reference, and took me...an hour? Maybe less. It kept flip flopping between looking like me or my mother until I finally hit the right spot! Anyway, I think I'm close. I used variations of primary colors, red yellow blue, and I'm trying to not be afraid of color...which I seem to have been lately as I stick to analogous/monotone or duo-toned color schemes.

Whatddya think? Comments? I would love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment