Saturday, November 19, 2011

Project 5

Oh man, all this prep work is so much work and I'm getting so much practice. Despite that, it's still tedious and boring.

Here is some preliminary work for Project 5. I was inspired by the song, "When the Sun met the Moon" by Panic! At the Disco.




And the Color Comp of the one I chose. I'm only doing one this time, It's detailed and I know I'll burn myself out before I even get started if I do another one.


Not quite sold on the colors, but I think I'll take the top one...or mix them up. They're REALLY rough, I think I spent an hour and a half and that included picking colors to filling in. I also extended the border. You can tell more on the color comps than the value studies. My teacher is going to kill meeee. Oh well. In the end, it'll look just fine.
Also, I've got Project 4 all finished! Yaay!~ The print came out like crap, probably because of all the complex colors that I had used. I need to buy myself a printer. It's on my list of things to spend lots of money on after I graduate.

And last but not least, what I'm doing in my Illustration class. We had to pick a tabloid headline and have fun :D  I chose "THE MOON IS HATCHING . . . and whatever's coming out has big teeth, NASA says!" I'm pretty close to being done, I have to fill in the stars and put in other space-y things for visual interest as well as a spot illustration. Maybe of the moon just cracked, or of it cracked open with nothing inside? Haven't made up my mind yet.



So, that's that for an image dump. I need to focus and crank out these last few projects. I still have to start one for my Art History project! Gwaah! I should stop taking side projects and thinking about what I'm going to do over winter break and crank these last bits out. I'm a head in two classes and nearly behind in the other two! Better than being behind in all four, but not as great as being ahead in four! Kay, I'm done rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment